Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 10 » Dynamicweb 10 Swift template Conversion issues

Dynamicweb 10 Swift template Conversion issues

Alexander Olsen
Alexander Olsen

Hey, we have been playing around with the new dw10 solution, and the swift templates aren't being converted correctly. 

I downloaded the dw10 october version, followed the guides to set up the site, added the dynamicweb suite package and got the backend up and running

then i downloaded the latest swift files from github and copied the files folder into the existing one. I also added all the other files, like package.json, web.pack.json, stylelintrc.json. etc..

i then used npm i and npm run build, which ran without fail, but the frontend didn't load up correctly.

some of the swift files got converted, but most of them didn't

Then i went into the Http settings and turned on the conversion process 

Here it is a @helper 

and here it a @functions

Br Alexander OIsen

Replies

Jeppe Eriksson Agger Dynamicweb Employee
Jeppe Eriksson Agger

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for reporting this.

While we continually improve the template conversion tool in Dynamicweb 10, there will be templates that the tool is unable to properly convert. These will require a manual approach. Which is why the tool can save the converted templates so it's easy to pick up where it stopped and complete the job.

That being said, we are in the process of updating all Swift templates to have better compatibility with the conversion tool, and we will have a version of Swift that is completely compatible with Dynamicweb 10 by the time it comes out in Final.

- Jeppe

You must be logged in to post in the forum