Developer forum

Forum » Development » Using Auth0 as external authentication provider

Using Auth0 as external authentication provider

Hans Kloppenborg

Hi,

One of our customers wants us to use Auth0 (https://auth0.com/ ) as authentication provider. I am still checking out how that could work, but it seems they use the OAuth 2.0 protocol.

I saw in a post of 2018 that there was an Oauth external authentication package, and to my surprise it was already installed in our solution, even with a version number 2.0 .

But when I try to configure an external authentication provider its not shown in the list. Only facebook, twitter and such.

Can this provider be used, and has anyone experience with using Auth0 with DW and maybe got some tips for us?

Greets Hans 

Replies

Jeppe Eriksson Agger Dynamicweb Employee
Jeppe Eriksson Agger

Hi Hans,

I'm not familiar with Auth0 either, but if they use OAuth 2.0, then it shold be possible to integrate into Dynamicweb.

The OAuth package is installed due to various other LoginProviders using it, so the version may change at some later date. For now though, you can assume it's there.

To create a login provider, you need to implement an ExternalLoginProvider (in Dynamicweb.Security.UserManagement.ExternalAuthentication). Once you've implemented your Auth0LoginProvider, it will appear in the list. If you have source code access, you can take a look at how we've implemented the Google or Okta providers for inspiration.

- Jeppe

You must be logged in to post in the forum