Developer forum

Forum » Development » ShippingProvider

ShippingProvider

Ivan Marijanović
Ivan Marijanović

Hi guys

I need to implement shipping provider which will take data from order and post it to shipping provider web site as xml file. Then the provider will give me back information about tracking number and I should add it to order and save it.

I tried to use GLS example but cannot grasp the process. Is there any extensive documenation?

Ivan

Replies

Ivan Marijanović
Ivan Marijanović

I implemented the procedure but now I have a issue that the shipping provider is firing after I click on Checkout and it should fire after payment was succesfully made.

Does someone have any idea!

Ivan

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars
This post has been marked as an answer

A shipping provider runs as part of checkout and is meant to calculate a fee, not make any reservations or pickup appointments (as during checkout you don't know if the order will ever complete or not). So I think a shipping provider is the wrong tool for the job.

Instead, you want to subscribe to CheckoutDoneOrderIsComplete using the notification framework and from there connect to your shipping part.

Hope this helps,

Imar

Votes for this answer: 1

Ivan Marijanović
Ivan Marijanović

Hi Imar

Thank you very much for your response. Can I in this stage change Order data because I need to save the tracking web address for customer to track his shippment?

Ivan

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Yes, you can. You should be careful about what you change though. Changing fees, order lines or customer data that affects the shipping fees would be risky here....

Ivan Marijanović
Ivan Marijanović

Thaks,

of course. I need just to add tracking address. Which field would you suggest to use for that. I was thinkg of using Comment.

Ivan

You must be logged in to post in the forum