Developer forum

Forum » Development » Question regarding Economic integration

Question regarding Economic integration

Dmitrij Jazel
Hello DW guys,

Please feel free to correct me if my first rough understanding of this one...
I wanted to ask you if it is possible to do something like this:

We need to setup a DW eCom shop that would use data from Economic setup somewhere on another server.
The shop should use Economic data as shop product stock etc...
(the product stock must be managed at Economic side)
Order related information should eventually be send to Economic server aswell.

I wanted to know if this functionality is available "out of the box" in dynamicweb ecom.
As I understood from the documentation on Economic integration, it should be possible to do, all you would have to do is:
1) Provide Economic server information for the DW
2) Create a product so that Economic could use it, and include this product information in settings. (product both at eCom and Economic).
3) Setup a pipeline product import and set it as product import in import module.

As I understood that should be that. But the question also is if there is any custom coding I must do in order to achieve this product import order export?
In the documentation there is code provided for modifying ProductImportActivityExtender.
I wanted to know if there is anything I would have to implement there to in order to get a simple integration to Economic.

It should be doable I think, we where told this is achievable in 45 minutes.
I just need to know all the details about it. Or be aware of any PitFalls I might run into...

Regards,
Dmitrij

Replies

Morten Snedker
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Dmitrij,

1) Yes - there is module settings available from the backend. See the attached graphics.

2) No. The products are maintained in E-conomics. As you can see on the attached graphics, you select out product groups, and then the products for these groups are pushed to Dynamicweb Ecommerce.

3) Yes. With the release of Dynamicweb 8.1 there is a standard E-conomics Provider available in the Data Integration module. This is meant for that exact task: updating eCommerce with data from E-conomics.

So no, it should be possible with a standard integration without any custom code. But that said: I don't know the customer wants and expects - so an analysis of the project may come in handy!  The ProductImportActivityExtender is merely the possibility to add own functioanlity to the import.

So, 45 minutes sounds achievable to me.

/Snedker
economics.png
Votes for this answer: 0

Dmitrij Jazel
Hi Morten,

Thanks for great response! :-)
This is really good news.
1) So as I understood there is no need in custom coding, as long as we follow standard functionality of Dynamicweb - client just wants to have a normal shop like that "Bike test shop" of yours. But he wants to maintain all his stock at Economic.

Does that sound standard enough?
2) Only thing is that the client would also like to receive order information to the Economic.
Would that be already done when we would connect the shop to Economic?

3) I also wanted to know what is this "Free product number" and "Discount product number" is for?

4) And what about those Product groups in the bottom of your screenshot?

I just wanted to make sure I am 100% with on this one.
5) How is this integration module called? Is it just a normal "Integration module". And what modules we need in order to make this integration? Any restrictions regarding Dynamicweb app version? as you mentioned before, we should use the latest DW 8.1 right?

Regarding data that is going to be integrated, Product stock will obviously be imported, Product groups aswell...
6) But what about users, and are there any parts that are not imported to the shop?

Thanks alot for the help!
Regards,
Dmitrij

Morten Snedker

Hi Dmitrij,

The whole idea of the integration is that all product information is maintained in E-conomics. So in that regard: no, you don't need any custom coding.

As for your point
2: standard behaviour. Whenever an order is complete, the order is sent to E-conomics.

3: "Fee product number" and "Discount product number": these are mandatory account numbers in E-conomics that hold this information.

4: The product groups at the bottom of my screen are groups that I have set up in E-conomics for testing. The upper groups (not checked) are groups from a default E-conomics with test data.

5: The module should appear from the module overview in the eCom section as "e-conomic Integration Beta". Don't mind the beta - that is missing update of information. Apart from having an eCommerce you don't need any other modules. Though, make sure that the customer has the correct type of eCommerce solution (so you don't run into a max number of products or alike). We recommend using latest version of Dynamicweb 8 to have latest fixes and changes.

6: Users are not supported by E-conomics, hence not the Dynamicweb E-conomics integration.

Hopes this clarifies - otherwise you're welcome with further questions.

Regards /Snedker

Dmitrij Jazel
Hi again Morten,

Yes thanks alot for that aswell!

Just one last thing I wanted to ask.
When we have a standard shop in Dynamicweb - we have things like:
1) Users, and user information... (debitor at E-conomic)
2) Stock status
3) Product name, description and price,
4) Product Images
5) Product Variants
6) Discounts
7) This is the most I could think of right now... but if there are more than I must know about them...

And the question is what is being covered with this Economic integration.
Are there any things that are not covered? If there are some you can think of please let me know...

And if those things are not covered by the E-conomic integration, what could be your suggestion to get them integrated.

Kind regards,
Dmitrij

Morten Snedker

1) Not currently supported. But there is an open API from E-conomics, so you may write the functionality yourself. See link further down.
2) Supported. eCom is updated whenever import is executed (ie by scheduled task).
3) All supported
4) Must be handled/uploaded manually.
5) Not supported by E-conomics API. You may take a look at http://www.e-conomic.com/apidocs/Documentation/index.html
6) Supported. Uses the default E-conomics discounts.
7) Ehh...okay.  :-)

I can't think of anything else - it all depends on customer needs and requirements. But feel free to pop more questions!  ;-)

Regards /Snedker

Dmitrij Jazel
Hello again Morten,

Yet again I must thank you for helping out with this forum post :-)
Really glad we could figure this one quickly with your help...

Kind regards,
Dmitrij

Jacob Storgaard Jensen

Hi Morten,

Is there any movement in the e-conomic integration development regarding the support for handling variants from e-conomic?

Just had a client meeting tonight, where this would be epic if it is supported :-)

Jacob

Thomas Jensen

Hi

I see that this is an old question,
and becourse e-conomic integration was almost scrapped, but it was not

A repeat of the question from Jacob:
Is there any movement in the e-conomic integration development regarding the support for handling variants from e-conomic?

Regards
Thomas

Nicolai Pedersen

Currently not, no.

If needed we can probably offer you to add it to the existing integration. Let me know, and we can contact you.

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum