Developer forum

Forum » Development » Product Catalog - New Group on clean gives an unhandled error

Product Catalog - New Group on clean gives an unhandled error

David Møller Christiansen

So, i am trying to follow the training on the website, everything whent fine until T2, where i try to right click on my newly created shop, or the default SHOP1 and add a new group.

I get an Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have a clean database (SQLEXPRESS) and running a clean downloaded 9.7.2, so everything should be out of the box.

This is the complete error from the log:

2019-10-25 12:24:07.626: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Dynamicweb.Admin.eComBackend.MainPermissionHelper.GetPermission(Group group, String path)
at Dynamicweb.Admin.eComBackend.EcomGroupEdit.GetPermission(Group group, String parentId, String path)
at Dynamicweb.Admin.eComBackend.EcomGroupEdit.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.admin_module_ecom_catalog_dw7_edit_ecomgroup_edit_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Replies

Ivan Marijanović
Ivan Marijanović

Hi David

Did you solve this. We have same issue!

Ivan

You must be logged in to post in the forum