Developer forum

Forum » Development » Difference Code-First and Model-First Itemtype FieldGroups

Difference Code-First and Model-First Itemtype FieldGroups

Jesse Bakker

Hi,

There seems to be a difference between Code-First and Model-First Itemtypes Fieldgroups. When using the show/hide fieldgroups based on other fields. This is not working properly on Code-First itemtypes. It only show hidden fieldgroups on change of target field, so not onload and also not when switching the target field back to initial value.

So I checked the Itemtype definitions in the database,  and there is a difference in the xml attributes for groups ('visibilityCondition' and  'visibilityConditionValueType'): 
ModelFirst:

<group name="Grouped" systemName="Grouped" collapsibleState="None" visibilityField="ExampleField" visibilityCondition="0" visibilityConditionValueType="3" visibilityConditionValue="grouped">

Code-First:

<group name="Grouped" systemName="Grouped" collapsibleState="None" visibilityField="ExampleField" visibilityCondition="Equals" visibilityConditionValueType="0" visibilityConditionValue="grouped">

I've defined the itemtypes the same way, see screenshot for example. Example is tested on DW 9.5.

GroupDefinitions.JPG

Replies

Vladimir Shushunov Dynamicweb Employee
Vladimir Shushunov

Hi Jesse,
Sorry for inconveniences, I will fix this bug asap!

Best regards,
Vladimir

Jesse Bakker

Hi Vladimir, 

Thanks for confirming. Looking forward to the fix :)

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Jesse

The problem regarding #61296 "Wrong definition for visibility condition in code-first item" has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.6.3

To upgrade please choose this version from download:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum