Developer forum

Forum » Development » Database drops item field

Database drops item field

Søren Ravn Lund

Hello,

We are having a problem with an older version of Dynamicweb. The version is 8.9.2.21

Randomly, one of our Items, drops a field and thereby column from the database. Which causes the error in attachment 1.

So, DW can't find the column GlobalAccordionElement, this is a field to the Item "Harmonika Element".

The way to fix it is, going into the backend, going to the item, and press save. As you can see in attached Item.png, the Item has the field in the backend. But for some reason, it drops it in the database.

Pressing save in the backend, recreates it, and the error disappears.

But the problem is, after a while, the database drops the field, for whatever reason, causing the error to re-appear.

What we have tried:

• Creating the item field as a XML definition, and uploading it to live.
  • Deleting the field, and then create it manually through the backend on live.
  • Deleting the field, and then create it with a new systemname.

None seems to work, after 1-2 days, it gets dropped from the database.

I know this is an old version of DW, but upgrading is not an option right now.

Maybe you have a fix, or something we can try out. Otherwise, I do understand that it is hard for you to do much, due to the version.

2019-09-12_0802.png item.png

Replies

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi Søren,

If you are multiple users sharing same VS repository, and an XML definition without the column is uploaded to the site at any time, then the column will be removed - along with its data. If followingly another XML where the column is there again, the column will once again be created - having an empty column.

This is my best bet. Sure thing is that it does not happen out of the blue. 

Best regards
Morten Snedker

Søren Ravn Lund

Hi Morten,

Yeah, we are aware of this.
Thank you for the answer though.

Regards, Søren.

You must be logged in to post in the forum