Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Will the new Content Indexer allow fuzzy search?

Will the new Content Indexer allow fuzzy search?

Martin Nielsen

Hey,

I've been playing around with the new Content Index Builder, and I've tried to see if it supports stripping out diacritics or a form of fuzzy search but I don't think it does.

What I'd like to be able to do, is to search for:

1. SKODA and and find ŠKODA
  2. able and find æble
  3. aeble and find æble

Is there anything in the pipeline for getting support for some or all of it? A new summaryfield like ParagraphTextsWithoutDiacritics would some some of the issues.

/Martin

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Martin

Not yet, not out of the box. You can create a new field type on the index using another analyzer than "Standard analyzer" (Lucene concept). You can choose one that will normalize content as you want. That would remove diacritics from you index and solve the issue partially. But then you have to handle that the query terms can also be with and without diacritics - and basically add the same analyzer to the search term.

We just discussed this the other day and are talking about being able to use a "Dynamicweb configurable analyzer" that can use a combination of normalizing, remove diacritics, apply stemming and stuff like that.

So not yet, but on our radar.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Martin Nielsen

Thank you for getting back on this.

A different Analyzer could get me some of the way, but I'll wait and see what you guys come up with :)

Glad to hear that it's something you're thinking about.

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Any news on this?

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Nope. We spend all our time writing here and not writing code :-)

You must be logged in to post in the forum