Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » User shop not loaded

User shop not loaded

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

We came across an issue where the user's shop is saved to the DB, but not loaded in the user card (backend). We are using 9.5.7, but looking at the fixed and known bugs I can't find any record of it. Can anyone confirm this bug?

https://www.screencast.com/t/fxEdS2sbk

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Nuno,

There is feature (see attach) handled with related option in Settings-CP-Users, section Ecommerce. I suppose that bug exists now, entire 'Shop id' contol and its title should be hidden if the option is disable but not value in the control only. I've created new TFS 61752 against the issue. Thanks for observing.  

BR, Oleg QA

2019-03-04_1122.png

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Oleg,

What is the feature exactly? Is it forcing the ShopId to be requested on login? If so, then it will cause us a some issues because we use that as an identifier for users against shops and ERP companies (when there are multiple), so it's not the user who actually selects his "shop" upon login.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nicolai Pedersen

It is a very stupid feature that makes it possible to have the same user twice in the database.

When you login on a page, if the website have a shop id under ecommerce setttings, that shopid is used with the username to find one of more users with the same username - it finds the version that matches the shopid.

Stupid, idiotic and totally crappy feature. I Recommend not to use it but get data straight.

BR Nicolai

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

We don't use it for that purpose though. Here's our scenario (and we have it on >1 projects):

• ERP has multiple "Companies"
    US + Canada or Company A + Company B - it's the conglomerate's ERP system

• We use ShopId as identifiers
    Also because we have to have 1 unique shop for each product catalogue AND makes it easy to set the Shop in the Shopping Cart App, tying it back nicely with the ERP

• Users are associated with a ShopId as well
    For integration purposes - again acting as the identifier.

If not using this ShopId, do you have a recommendation on how we could do it? Keep in mind the need to associate Carts/Orders, Users and Product Catalogue Shops (and/or Warehouses) to an ERP.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Nuno

I do not know the full data model in your solution, but I am pretty sure it can be done as easily as having the same user multiple times. Could be different account number fields on the user or similar. I could also be using a structure like

• Login
    • Account1
    • Account2
    • Account3

Using i.e. impersonation or other logic.

But of course, if the user is required to have different password on each shop, it is problematic. But I would argue that it is the requirement that is off :-).

Anyways - we should be able to store the shopid, so you can do it. 

BR Nicolai

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Nicolai,

That's not what I am trying to solve for. We don't have the need for the "duplicate users with a different shop id".

The issue is that the value in the BD (i.e. SHOP1), is not rendered in the backend https://www.screencast.com/t/fxEdS2sbk (same screencast from the initial thread).

So in summary:

• We don't want to use the stupid feature you mentioned
  • We just want to use the Shop Id field
  • We save it, but the user's perception is that it's always empty/not saved

Hope that clears up the confusion,

Nuno Aguiar

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Yes, I understand. That bug is being fixed.

Votes for this answer: 1

Nuno Aguiar

Great, thanks for confirming.

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Nuno

The problem regarding #61752 "Shop ID field not hidden correctly" has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.6.5

To upgrade please choose this version from download from:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Nuno Aguiar

Thank you Kristian

You must be logged in to post in the forum