Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » User permissions to Ecommerce and PIM areas

User permissions to Ecommerce and PIM areas

Tomas Gomez

Hi,

I need a user group with full permissions to only the Ecommerce and PIM areas of the backend. The platform is DW 9.7.2 using the new permission model. 

I attach screenshots of the configuration of the permission matrix for this user group. Summarizing, I gave full access to the Ecom and PIM areas, and to all the websites, shops and languages. But when a user of this user group logs into the backend, all the areas are shown (see image), not only Ecom and PIM!!

Why does DW shows all the backend areas despite only Ecom and PIM areas are selected? How can get to only show the Ecom and PIM areas?

Regards,
Tom

UserGroup_backend.png UserGroup_permissions1.png UserGroup_permissions2.png UserGroup_permissions3.png UserGroup_permissions4.png UserGroup_permissions5.png

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Maybe because you did not remove their permissions?

Please refer to the documentation: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/users/user-management/permissions

You can configure two basic ways of handling permissions - you set the default permission for a group to no permissions at all and then allow the group to do specific things, or you allow everything for a group, except the permissions you remove (set to "None").

You have to do one of 2 things.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Tomas Gomez

Thanks, Nicolai!

Yes, the default permission of that user group was set to "All", showing all the areas with all its subareas. When I change the default permission to "None", only the Ecommerce and PIM areas are shown.

But the funniest thing is yet to come... The PIM area displays all its subareas, but only the Ecommerce subareas of "Dashboard" and "RMA" are shown! The other Ecom subareas are not shown despite all subareas have the same permissions in the permission matrix.

Why the Ecom subareas behave differently? I set all the subarea permissions to "Full", is there any other setting that can interfere?

Regards,
Tomás

Tomas Gomez

Hi again,

I have done more tests and finally found a roundabout to fix the error: The minimum permission of the Modules area has to be Read in order to display all the Ecommerce subareas.

I think it is a bug because the Modules permission shouldn't interfere with the permission of the Ecommerce subareas, but maybe they have an obscure interrelation I cannot foresee.

Regards,
Tomás

You must be logged in to post in the forum