Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Timeout when listing images

Timeout when listing images

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a solution running on DW 9.9.8 and I have an issue with listing the content of one image folder.

I have about 8000 images in the Ecom folder and every time I try to open it up, I get a Timeout error. Is there a limitation on the number of images listed? Is there a setting on my server that I need to be aware of?

I don't have any resize settings on the folder.

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Adrian,

I've checked it using more 12K images (copy-past of images from Ecom-Products) in new created folder under Images on last DW9.10.5 and was not able to catch any issue - proof. Please, see FM settings including system metafield in the attachment and the video.

BR, Oleg QA

2021-04-13_11-05-06.png

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for the answer.

Your video shows exactly how I was expecting to see them.

The FM settings are the same as yours.

However, In my case there is no listing happening. Can it be related to the sizes of the images?

Thank you,
Adrian

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

It could also be Windows. I've seen cases where Windows has trouble listing that many images in a folder, slowing things down considerably. 

I would split things up in subfolder if you can.

Imar

Adrian Ursu

Hi Imar,

Nice to hear from you :)

That was my first test. On the RDP, the files in the folder list instantly. No lag there and no trouble with windows.

A few months back, I tried setting up an automatic resize of images on this folder. Which, of course, did not work because of the size of the images and their number. So I canceled it and deleted the XML definition for image settings. I am wondering if that setting left some traces somewhere.

Any idea?

Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have checked the Image settings (after my previous message) and it seems the resize was still active although there was no ImageSettings.xml file in the folder.

I have managed to turn it off and now everything is back to normal.

Thank you for all your inputs.

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum