Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Smart search with users who didn't log in and got a specific email one week ago

Smart search with users who didn't log in and got a specific email one week ago

Manon Wekking

Hi, 

We want to create a difficult smart search. We want to get a group of users that is in a special group, that never logged in before, that gat an email to login, and got this email one week ago. So the smart search we created is:

- Group is Partner

- Last login time is empty

- Email is (specific email)

- Time received email is one week ago

If we do that and save the smart search is says that there are no users who match this smart search, but we are sure that there are matches. 

Do you know how we can create this smartsearch correct?

Hope to hear from you. 

Kind regards, 

Manon Wekking

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

HI,

Try to edit the smart search and try to render output when there is one first codition only and add next one step by step to ensure that you have specific users follow the final conditial. You can set exact datestamp or e.g. 'is before' and specific preset of date period in the last rule to ensure that specific mails will be included in output. I've tried to check the issue on test environment based on DW942 and see correct results (attachment of my smart search edit form)

BR, Oleg QA 

2018-02-21_1459.png 2018-02-21_1514.png 2018-02-21_1515.png 2018-02-21_1534.png 2018-02-21_1535.png 2018-02-21_1536.png

Manon Wekking

Hi Oleg, 

Thank you for your answer. I am trying to do it step by step, my second step is different then yours, I selected last login time and nog email adres. But that doesn't matter, because it works fine. Now my first problem starts in the 3th step with selecting the specific email. I need to go to the fourth page to select that specific email, but I get an error if I want to go to the next page with selecting (see attachtment). 

If I click away then and try to do it again, then it says that there are no emails in that selected email map. 

Do you know how to fix this first?

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Kind regards, 

Manon Wekking

Error_with_selecting_email.png

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I've tried to set my smart search up in your way. I see no exception but specific email cannon be selected to control when rules like that from 'Behavior for Emai Marketing' are used, it's only opened instead. So, It's bug, I've created new TFS 46661 will be fixed on further hotfix/release.

BR, Oleg QA   

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Manon

The problem regarding #46661 "Email selectors work not correct in smart search rule " has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.4.3

To upgrade please choose this version from backend or download from here:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Votes for this answer: 1

Manon Wekking

Hi Kristian, 

Thank you for your answer. We will update Pentair in one of our next sprints. After the update I will check if it works fine then. 

For now thank you so far!

Kind Regards, 

Manon Wekking

Manon Wekking

Hi Kristian, 

We did an update on the acceptation area but it still doesn't work. I made the mart search on https://pentair-staging.azurewebsites.net/Admin/. See in the attachment. 

Then I sended the mail to my account (the account didn't login before). But still I am nog in the group. 

Is there still something wrong or is my smart search wrong?

BR, 

Manon Wekking

smart_search_for__received_email_on_specific_time_and_nog_logged_in..png

Manon Wekking

Hi, 

This problem is still not solved. I added a video to show what I mean. Can you please take a look at it and let me know if we do something wrong or that it doenst work as it  has to?

Hope to hear from you. 

BR, 

Manon

Oleg Rodionov

HI,

I've tested the issue on the solution using new test user has valid email and belongs to the same user groups as yours. One extra issue I've faced to on the solution but not reproduced on my test environment based on last 94 - unable to assign new created user as recipient for new email due to it's not shown in the user selector (probably it's specific issue related to Azure db etc.), so I had to create new smart search to output the user and use it in my emai. Please, find proof - attached pics say about settings and output. 'Never' should be set in 'Last login time' condition. The case has been tested with the both deliviry providers (your can use the both email in the appropriate condition of the smart search) . Try to create/use new user like you already used if the issue is reproduced anyway.

BR Oleg QA      

2018-08-01_1400.png 2018-08-01_1401.png 2018-08-01_1402.png 2018-08-01_1404.png

Manon Wekking

Hi Oleg, 

I was trying to reproduce your example, but now I got an error, see attachment. 

I just filled in the same rules as your screenshot. I only created a copy of you email and selected this one as a specific email. 

The strange thing is that If change te smart search it is ginving an error and I can't change it. If I create a new smart search it crashes and then I get logged out. 

BR, 

Manon

Smart_search_on_user_who_received_email_and_didnt_login.PNG

Oleg Rodionov

HI,

I've retested the issue and was not able to catch any error, output has valid data (attachment). Tested smart search (dwtest) is new one has been created by user has Administrator credentionals without an error. Now I was able to use my test user directly within the copy of email already exists (used in my test before). Try to re-create new user and perform case again, since I can assume your user could be broken due to issue in db (e.g. releated to export data to the solution etc). 

BR, Oleg QA

2018-08-06_0931.png 2018-08-06_0933.png

Hans Kloppenborg

Hi Oleg,

After my college Manon became desperate I've taken a look myself, and can not create this smartsearch. 

We started a new version, dwtest2, and after adding each rule we pressed save. The first 2 rules went fine (smartsearch-2-rules-ok.png),

The moment I try to add the third rule, I get a javascript error in the console "Object doesn't support property or method 'getHours'" and my second rule dissapears.(smartseach-rule-3-fail.png)

Are you using a specific browser that you can make these rules?

Editing your dwtest rule only shows the first rule, and a popup with lots of errors.

Hope you can help us solve this mystery

Greets Hans and Manon

smartsearch-2-rules-ok.png smartsearch-rule-3-fail.png

Oleg Rodionov

HI,

I've tested the creation with last Chrome/FF and do not have any errors, besides 'dwtes2' has been updated successfully to output yesterdey's data. And yes, I now see the errors on editing of 'dwtest' and old smart search described before. It has been broken after your edit, probably.

BR, Oleg QA

Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi again,

I was able to reproduce the issue - it's related to using 'Never' in date condition in not english backend. New TFS 53125 has been created against the bug, will be fixed on further DW 94 hotfix/95 release. So, temporary workaround - using english backend during creating of smart search if you still wanna use the condition. 

BR, Oleg QA

Votes for this answer: 2

Manon Wekking

Hi Oleg, 

I tried it in English and that works fine, thank you for helping:). 

We will make the smart search in English CMS for now. 

BR, 

Manon

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Manon

The problem regarding #53125 "Smart search broken with date condition has 'Never' in not English backend " has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.4.18

To upgrade please choose this version from backend or download from here:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum