Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Set backend permissions

Set backend permissions

Gerard Kocks
Gerard Kocks

Hi,

I want to make a backend user that can only create events.
Can someone please tell me how I can set this?

Best regards
Gerard

Events_permission.png

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Gerard,

You cannot set permissions on an item type, but you can set permissions on elements in the content hierarchy (websites, pages/folders/items, etc.) which are inherited.

To make this easier I would suggest that you add the users to a specific user group with no permissions and make sure that these users are not marked as administrators, but do allow backend login.
By default these users will not have access to anything. You need to grant them access by setting up permissions for the group.
Permissions are inherited, so you only need to setup a few permissions.

Set read permission on the "Content" area.
Set read permission on the website.
Set create permission on the parent element of the events, "Evenementen".

See the Permissions section for details.

Best regards,
Morten

Gerard Kocks
Gerard Kocks

Thanks for your reply Morten. I set it like you told me, and it works that I cannot create other pages than events.
But I can still edit the other content (see attachement), can you tell me how to switch that off?

Best regards
Gerard

Edit.png

Morten Bengtson

I just tried with the test user you have created in the group "Events aanmaken" and I cannot edit the other pages.
Try to log off, log on and test again.

Gerard Kocks
Gerard Kocks

Hi Morten,

That's because I set all permissions in the other folders 'none'.
For now that's fine, ik can 're-open' for example the folder 'organisaties' if you would like to test it.

But what I am looking for is the permission you can create (or edit) your own events and not the events some other person made.
That's because for Twente.com we have several 3rd parties that need to add events, but they are not allowed to edit the events from another 3rd party.
Do you have any solution for me?

Best regards
Gerard

Morten Bengtson

There is a solution, but it's probably not what you were hoping for...

You can create a user group for each of those 3rd party contributors and then create a parent page for each of those user groups with edit permissions.

Alternatively you might be able to set something up using Extranet, Item creator and/or Item publisher app (front end).

/Morten

You must be logged in to post in the forum