Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Products in sitemap.xml

Products in sitemap.xml

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hi,

I'm trying to get products to show in the sitemap.xml without success. Right now it works on the Dev environment, but it doesn't work on the QA environment. They are on the same version and I did the same steps on both:

1. Checked Include products inside sitemap.xml checkbox in website settings - Robots.txtImage
  2. Products have a primary group and also that the primary group's shop is matching the website shopImage
  3. Groups are set to show in sitemapImage
  4. Group has a primary page setImage
  5. Group parent also has a primary page setImage

But it still won't show up on the sitemap.xml in QA.

Could it be an issue with caching? Or is there any other configuration that I need to do for the products to show in sitemap.xml?

Thank you

Replies

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

Can anyone look into this. We're trying to upgrade to 9.9.7 (where we're seeing this issue), but in 9.7.6 everything is working as expected.

Nuno Aguiar

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

bump. Customer is picky about this and we're trying to undestand what's going on.

Nicolai Pedersen

Well, cannot tell. My products will show up as usual:

Please provide a link if you want me to look into it.

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hi Nicolai,

I finally got this working by setting up ecommerce navigation in the Primary Page get for the groups, which I wasn't aware it was necessary?

But the links are coming through with GroupId and ProductId instead of being friendly links.

Any idea why this would happen?

The url is https://dev-beaker-wgo.dw-demo2.com/

Nicolai Pedersen

Try setting up the URLs on that page as well.

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

I set the Add-Ins under Customized URLs and it's finally working as expected:

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

It turns out we didn't want to use Add-Ins configurations, because of this topic here: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/ecommerce-standard-features/ecommerce-standard-features/trailing-slash-in-new-ecommerce-navigation-provider

For future reference, both for ourselves and for other people that might be trying to do this, this is how we set it up. We have two pages, one for the Product List and one for the Product Page, which I know it's not the most common scenario, but to make both the URLs and the sitemap.xml work these were the steps:

• We turned off the Ecommerce add-ins:
  •  
  • On the Models (PLP) page set up URL Provider and Ecommerce Navigation (with the Product Page pointing to our Product (PDP) page)
  • Then on the Product (PDP) page, we set up de URL Provider again, this was to ensure that both the URLs in the PLP and on the PDP were correct.
  • We set the Primary Page on the top groups to point to the Model (PLP) page

Now funny thing is, this work perfectly in our DEV environment:

but when I tried to move it to QA/Staging environment, the URL provider wasn't working anymore with all the same configurations:

So there must be some configuration I'm still missing for this to all work perfectly.

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hi Nicolai,

I've sent an email to support with the URL and credentials for the QA environment.

Khaing May Thaw

Hi,

I am also trying this product url sitemap on my project.

I had check the Robots setting in the website setting.

Also had setup Navigation and URL setting for product catalog page.

But my result is not for each product item, it came out for product group link only.

Kindly suggest what did I miss please.

Nicolai Pedersen

Maybe (line) you want to enable products in the sitemap for that website?

Also some products belong to more than one group. They can show up wrongly if you do not set primary group on the product

You must be logged in to post in the forum