Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Order from quote - shipping fee

Order from quote - shipping fee

Rui Silva

Hi,

I’ve a solution where the customers will create quotes and for the ones approved they can make their orders (nothing wrong until here).

The possible issue I’m seeing happens when the quote is being “promoted” to order and customer selects the payment handler and the shipping provider.

The shipping providers are being calculated correctly to match to the approved quote (that can be different from the quote submitted originally) but the value that DW stores after checkout complete of the order is the original shipping fee and method selected in the quote checkout process.

I would expect that the shipping fee and payment fee are updated based on the “order” checkout process, since they are also calculated when the quote is being checkout to order.

I’m using DW version 9.4.11.

Best regards,

Rui Silva

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Rui

What is the question? If this is what happens, or do you want it to act differently?

NP

Rui Silva

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for the quick reply.

On the order checkout the fees are calculated but not stored for the new order, it seems that DW keeps the original shipping fee from the quote .

I would like to have the shipping fee updated on the checkout of the order.

Thanks,

Rui Silva

Rui Silva

Bump.

Any news if DW updates the shipping fee order values when promoting a quote to order?

Nicolai Pedersen

That was not the plan - the feature is that DW stops calculate prices... But it should be possible to update the shipping costs your self.

BR Nicolai

Nicolai Pedersen

The issue is, that re calculating part of the cart will trigger a whole set of things - discounts and other rules that we do not want when in quotes mode...

BR Nicolai

You must be logged in to post in the forum