Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Nlog configuration

Nlog configuration

Hans Kloppenborg

Hello,

A while back there was mention that with 9.4.x or 9.5 the possibility would come back that we could influence the NLOG configuration, to add our own targets and configuration.

We have been looking if there was anything mentioned in the documentation but have not been able to find it.

Has this change been implemented? If so is there documentation about it, if not, in which release is this planned?

Greets Hans

Replies

Peter Leleulya

@ Hans:
I noticed that the Trace logging in your project doesn't get logged.
I changed them to Info, then they do appear.
That was quicker than trying to figure out how to configure the Trace handling.

@ Dynamicweb:
A bit of documentation on how to implement and configure custom NLOG would be nice ...
Or if there is a better way?
When I search for logging or error logging on this documentation portal it doesn't help me much.

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

+1 Any plans on this? We like to use NLog's async options (https://github.com/nlog/NLog/wiki/AsyncWrapper-target) to improve performance, but I am not sure if that can be done today. Any pointers on how to make that work?

Hans Kloppenborg

Bump,

Anyone at DW still at work this year?

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

I have no one who seems to know if this is possible and how. I understand this sucks and would be nice to configure, but that is how it currently is... It is not on my top 10 of things to spend time on.

The source code is open, feel free to dig in and find out how... And commit a code change if you have one. Attached find the logging project code.

Sorry about the inconvenience, Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Hans Kloppenborg

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks for the source, looking through it I found that we can add custom targets and rules to the Admin/Nlog.config file, we did not know that existed, and still thought the configuration was completely overruled in code. I suspect that the additions we want can be done there, but think that for Imar's wishes there might be code changes needed.

Greets Hans

You must be logged in to post in the forum