Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Newsletter email template builder.

Newsletter email template builder.

Bjørn Kamfjord

Hey. Not really sure how to formulate the issue, because it is a two part problem. The main problem right now is that I have an email template for a newsletter that just look horrible in MS Outlook clients. The template is based on code from http://topool.io, that is a pretty nice service for building emails that looks nice and supports all different clients and formats.

When viewed online or in e.g. the Gmail app, it looks good, but for some reason (i believe it has something to do with Outlook using a MS Word based processor for their email markup) it just dosn't honer the markup in the template. But, when I test the template from topool's own interface, it works in Outlook as well. The template uses standard itemtypes (modules) for adding paragraphs, products etc. and I beleive this is part of the problem, since the itemtypes have their own markup wrapped around the objects. To solve this, is there another way other than creating new itemtypes specific for email for all the different modules and content I would like to be able use?

This leads me to the other part of the problem. The whole reason for doing this is because I want my client to be able to create nice looking marketing emails, that are simple to use (read drag'n'drop), but has flexible layout. The best way to describe it is that they want the functonality of MailChimp since this was the service they used before. But with the ability to get products, prices users etc from the ecommerce site.

It is a DW 8 solution.

Browser-preview.png email_1.png email_2.png

Replies

You must be logged in to post in the forum