Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » New user notification

New user notification

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a project running on DW 9.13.8.

I have an extranet module set up, where I want to collect new user requests.

By default, I would like to let the Admin approve user requests.
but I also want to send out a confirmation email to the user, when receiving the request (even if the user) is not yet active and when the user is activated by the admin.

I have set up the user notification to send out emails to the user, but apparently, the notification is only sent if the Approval is set to "By user" or "None".

Is this intended? or a bug?

How can I accomplish the scope I have described above?

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

The code explicitly does not send a user notification email if an approval is required by admin - if the user is required to approve them selves, they will first receive the Confirmation email that contains the approval link - if clicked they receive the user notification email.

If there is no approval, they will receive the user notification directly.

If admin needs to approve, they will not get that mail before admin approves using the approval link.

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

I understand. In our case, the request was to collect requests for new accounts, let the user know that we have received the request and send another confirmation email once the admin approves the user.

It seems like a straightforward expectation from the customer. For now we have improvised using the Email Marketing but it's not ideal.

I understand that there will not be a fix for this soon but it's important to understand if our improvisation is final or temporary.

Thank you,
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Adrian

• Confirmation email -> This mail is send to the user with an approval link if the user can approve them selves
  • Admin notification email -> always send to admin when the user submits the request to be created - if admin needs approval, the mail contains an approval link, otherwise it is just informational
  • User notification -> this email is sent when the user is finally created and ready to use - when user or admin approves the user, or if there is no approval.

I guess what you need is that confirmation email can be send to the user when the approval mode is admin? This way the user will receive the confirmation email when submitting and the user notification once approved. Correctly understood?

It will probably require an additional checkbox to be backwards compatible.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Correct!

An additional checkbox should do the trick.

Thank you,

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Devops #10662

Adrian Ursu

COOL!

Thank you!

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum