Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Monitoring dashboards - add widgets

Monitoring dashboards - add widgets

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

I was experimenting with the monitoring dashboard (love it, BTW). I edited the dashboard and removed a few widgets. However, I can't seem to add them back anymore as they don't show up in the Available Widgets list. Should that dashboard be read-only, or should they be added to Available Widgets list?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Imar

I think they are there... Most of them are just versions of the Event - graph/count/list widgets with specific filtering attached to them. Do you see those event specific widgets in the top of your list?

See you soon, Nicolai

Imar Spaanjaars

Yeah, I see those (see dump from a site where I didn't mess up the dashboard). But how would I add stuff like SQL Injection counts, SMTP failures or integration errors?

Widgets.png

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

You just choose the event wigets and select a category of what you want - i.e. Security/SQLInjection - see dump.

Only issue is that you cannot create a widget for a category before it has a log entry with a give category.

You can delete your personal dashboard from the database to get back the default - look in the Dashboard and DashboardWidget tables.

BR Nicolai

Capture.PNG
Votes for this answer: 1

Imar Spaanjaars

>> Only issue is that you cannot create a widget for a category before it has a log entry with a give category.

Ah, that was the missing piece. This was a clean, empty solution that didn't have any log entries in many categories. I caused some issues and now I can add them. Thanks!

You must be logged in to post in the forum