Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Language versions and Items

Language versions and Items

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

I have a solution (version 9.3.8) with a master language (english) and 2 language versions (Swedish, German). 
In that solution we have a "repository page" with paragraphs containing blogg items. 
On another page we have a Item Publisher that renders these items. 
When we create a blog item in the master language the item is also created in the language versions as designed. 

The problem is that the paragraphname cannot be changed. If I change it and click save and close, it still the same when I open tha paragraph again. 
If I set the "Title" field of the Item to be used as paragraph title, the Title field is not copied to the paragraph titel and the URL is generated from the paragraph title which is the same across languge versions.  

That results in that the URL for the language versions is "title-of-paragraph-2" and "title-of-paragraph-3" for the Swedish and German versions.

I don't know if something is wrong in configuration or if it's a bug or by design? As a workaround I have manually changed the paragraph title in DB to the correct language to get correct URLs. 

I guess it should work like this. If I set an Item field to be used as paragraph title, that field is supposed to be the field from where the URL is generated?

Regards / Aki

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Aki

We will look into this and see if it is a bug or potentially a setting that causes it.

Will get back.

Thanks, Nicolai

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Aki,

I've tried to reproduce your scenario on test environment based on DW9.3.10 and was not able to reproduce the issue. I've used simple item type named as 'Bloggs'. Please find the proof when paragraph header is not defines via the item type and when it's done. Keep in your mind appropriate settings of the item type and the solution pointed within the video. Find extra details about DW settings here as well.

Please, comment my scenario if it is not fit to yours.

BR, Oleg QA

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi,

Thanks for trying to reproduce. That is the behaviour i'm looking for. :)

I think my main problem is that if I choose another language, I cannot chage the title for the paragraph. Do you have any idea why? 

(attaching the language settings)

Regards / Aki

Language_settings.JPG

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

And have you tried to use the settings in line with mine used in the test (attached) ? Besides, I've tried to use title filed from second item group (Namn) and input text has several words devided with space as it's used in your case - all right as well.

Please, clarify is the field inherited or not. Probably, main cause of the issue - old DW version used, since many bugs related to language management were fixed on DW 9.3.10

BR, Oleg QA

2018-01-15_1912.png

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi,

I get the same behaviour on regular paragraphs. Cannot change title of paragraph on the language versions. 

I have the same settings in our staging enviroment for the solution. There everything works as expected. Very strange. Difference is that staging is 9.3.6 and production is 9.3.8. 

Maybe I should just try to upgrade to 9.3.10 .

/Aki

You must be logged in to post in the forum