Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Interface issues when using ItemRelations and ItemTabs

Interface issues when using ItemRelations and ItemTabs

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys.

I have a solution running on DW 9.8.

I have set up an ItemType that inherits another ItemType. Let's call my ItemType "Banner" and the ParentItemType "Section".

"Banner" inherits "Section".

"Section" has a Group and an ItemTab field.

"Banner has another ItemTab field.

I am using Banner in an ItemRelation field on another Item.

When I click on "Add Banner" on the ItemRelationList, the modal dialog displays the content of the Banner ItemType.

In the screenshots attached, you can see that the ItemTab that is inherited is displayed right (interfaceIssue2.png) while the ItemTab defined on the ItemType it is not (interfaceIssue1.png).

I believe this is an interface bug. Maybe you can look into it.

I have experienced the same behavior even when using an ItemType field.

Thank you,
Adrian

interfaceIssue1.png interfaceIssue2.png

Replies

Adrian Ursu

Apparently, the span element for the label does not inherit the 170px width.

The class of the span element is: item-field-name control-label

I hope this helps.

Adrian

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi, Adrian,

I've checked your scenario on Rapido solution based on DW9.8.1 and was not able to reproduce the issue - proof. Existing 'Address' and 'Paragraph' item types were used as item tabs, tested content - page, paragraph, website with last Google Chrome and FF browsers. Please, correct me if my way doesn't follow yours. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA 

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

I will try upgrading to 9.8.1 and check again.

Thank you very much.
Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

I have tried after updating to 9.8.1 and it is still not working correctly.

See this video please: https://www.screencast.com/t/ZZ2QrzvayEc

Thank you,
Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

Clear css cache?

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

I  have tried it already. Cleared all cache. 
I have also tried on a new solution just to be sure and also I have tried incognito.

I got the same outcome.

Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Any news on this?

Thank you,

Adrian

Claus Kølbæk
Claus Kølbæk

Hey Adrian

Whenever I see something similar to this, it is usually because there is a item relationlist somewere in the content that has many optionss shown.

From your video it looks like your content has an item relationlist with "Buttons" maybe you can try and edit that to only show the name or something similar in the item list?

Adrian Ursu

Hi Claus,

The issue seems to be related just to the first set of information displayed. If I move that ItemTab second, the issue will still be visible for the first tab, even if it has just a single text element.

From my findings, there seems to be an inheritance issue for the width of the span element.

There is a td element with class "item-field-name control-label" and inside of that td element, there is a span with the same class. The td has a correct width set to 170px while the span inside it is reset to 5 px.

I am not sure what's causing this but I could replicate it on several computers. Therefore it is not a local issue.

I hope someone will manage to find a solution to it.

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum