Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Import ItemTypes in DW8 with multiple language layers

Import ItemTypes in DW8 with multiple language layers

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a solution running 8.9.2.20 where I need to import ItemType based pages. The source files is pretty simple and each property from the source is mapped to a property from the ItemType.

In the DataIntegration job, I am using ItemProvider and I have selected a page on the master website, under which I want my pages to be created.

The first issue I've got is related to the pages created. The system creates pages in every language layer but without supplying a PageMasterPageID.

The second issue is related to ItemCreation. Even though the import job creates pages in each language, it creates a single instance of the ItemType and saves that ID on all pages created. And because of this, editing the item is impossible.

I have solved the first issue by running a SQL script at the end of the ImportJob. But the second issue seems a lot more complex.

Is there a LanguageManagement setting that I am missing or a known bug? Do I have any workaround solutions?

Just to be clear, Upgrading to 9.x is out of the question at least for the next year.

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Anybody?

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum