Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Handling of urls in a single solution with more websites with same strukture

Handling of urls in a single solution with more websites with same strukture

Jacob Søndergaard

Hi

Is it possible to have a strukture like below without ending up with urls that ends with -1,-2 etc. because the pages is named the same on the second site?

I know its possible if each subsite has its own domain, but its not possible at this specific customer because they are using the language ISO and want to continue doing that.

website_1.dk: en-gb (master)

• website_1.dk: da-dk (language)
  • website_1.dk: de-de (language)

website_2.dk: en-gb (master)

• website_2.dk: da-dk (language)
  • website_2.dk: de-de (language)

Hope there is a fix somehow?

Best regards

Jacob Søndergaard

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Jacob,

I think you should be able to do that...

You need to have different domains for website1 and website2. Otherwise it will be impossible to determine which website to display (website1/de-de vs website2/de-de).

• For website1 master and languages add a single domain to the list, e.g. website1.dk, and select this as the primary domain.
  • For website2 master and languages add a single domain to the list, e.g. website2.dk, and select this as the primary domain.

Use the following configuration in Settings > Web and HTTP > Customized URLs

• Language layer: Use ISO code from regional settings (i.e. en-GB)
  • Ensure unique paths for each area: Yes (checked)
  • Group by master website: Yes (checked)

See Selecting an URL type for regular pages for more details.

Best regards,
Morten

Jacob Søndergaard

Hi Morten

Thanks, that works fine for regular pages, but it seems like if the product catalog have the same structure in to different shops on website1 and website2, it still makes the -1 in the urls when showing product groups and products on website2.

Are there a solution for that problem somehow?

Best regards

Jacob Søndergaard

You must be logged in to post in the forum