Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Facets with special characters

Facets with special characters

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Guys,

I have a case where the facets will look something like this: Silver & Deming Drill Bits with 1/2" Shank

There will be more examples like this and even thought it might not look like a real life case, it actually makes a lot osf sense in this particular case.

The problem I have is the filter by some of these facets it's not working. My bet is on the special characters like: ",&,+,) and so on.

Is there any way I can still use these values as facets? I am not analyzing these values. I have removed them from the default schema and redefined them just with Index option enabled.

I am using 8.9.1.0.

Thanks,

Adrian

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Adrian

You can use whatever value - but these are URL reserved characters, so you have to encode them properly if you send them to querystring. I think there is a thread here somewhere regarding this.

Nicolai Pedersen

And you need to make sure you do not add an analyzer on the field - it will probably remove the characters.

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Nicolai,

Thank you for the answer.

There is no Analyzer on the field.

I have tried with URL encoded values and it works.

Thank you,

Adrian

P.S. maybe it would be a good ideea to ass an option inside the index for this type of problems. As the Index gets more popular, people will start using it for various purposes. I know I will :)

Nicolai Pedersen

We definitely need an ass in the index - totally agree :-)

Adeel Nasir

Hi Guys,

Can I implement Facets in DW version 8.6.1.25?

If yes, I have created repository and created Facets at backend but I can't see the FacetGroups loop in frontend, am i missing something?

/Adeel

You must be logged in to post in the forum