Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Extranet: Users getting logged off after short period of time

Extranet: Users getting logged off after short period of time

Martin Kure

Hey,

we have an extranet set up where the users are getting logged off after a short period of time. I don't know exactly how long they remain logged in, but it's 2 hours at most.

The solution is running v. 9.6.1

Under Settings > Control Panel > Users, I have set the login cookie to be valid for 90 days.

Here are the lines from my login template that matter in this context:

<form class="form-body" method="post" action="/Default.aspx?ID=@pageid">
   <input type="hidden" name="ID" value="@pageid" />
   <input type="hidden" name="DWExtranetUsernameRemember" value="True"/>
   <input type="hidden" name="DWExtranetPasswordRemember" value="True"/>
   <input style="width: 100%" class="form-control" type="text" id="login-username" name="username" value="@(GetString("DWExtranetUsername"))" />
   <input style="width: 100%" class="form-control" type="password" id="login-password" name="password" value="@(GetString("DWExtranetPassword"))" />
   <input type="checkbox" name="Autologin" value="True" checked="checked"> @Translate("Remember me", "Remember me")</input>
</form>

Am I missing something in my template or in my settings? Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Kind regards

Martin

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Martin,

The users are logged off when their session expires (usually after 20 minutes with no activity).

Normally the users are automatically logged on again when you have used "Autologin"=True in the form. However, there seems to be an issue with the autologin feature which was introduced in 9.6.0
I have registered this as a bug - TFS# 61208

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Morten

Martin Christensen

Alright, thanks for the heads up - I'll keep an eye out for the bug fix in the upcoming versions

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Martin

The correction of TFS#61208 has been fixed in Dynamicweb version 9.6.3

To upgrade please choose this version from download:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Martin Christensen

We are still experiencing that the users are being logged off after about an hour. 

I don't see the bug in the bug fix list, but I just assumed that it had just been left off the list.

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Martin

Can you ellaborate what happens when you say they are logged off? Will they get the login prompt again? Or what is the scenario?

Because technically they are logged off when session is being killed by the IIS - but the cookie should ensure that they will be logged in again automatically if this happens.

BR Nicolai

Martin Christensen

Hi Nicolai,

after an hour or more, when the user navigates to another page, they are booted to the login form that is set up for the website. The username and password are filled out and the autologin checkbox is checked.

They are using AD Login - does this conflict with the autologin feature?

Nicolai Pedersen

Ah - a VERY important piece of information! Yes - this problem is related to that provider.

Can we see how the AD login is configured?

Martin Christensen

Of course, what do you need? It's pretty standard following this guide: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/integration/other-systems/active-directory-integration

Do you need the asmx-file of the webservice?

You must be logged in to post in the forum