Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Export Old NewsV2 news, including customfield data

Export Old NewsV2 news, including customfield data

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi

As most of you probably know, it was/is possible to add custom fields to newscategories in the old NewsV2 module. In the old days, I believe a lot of us used the News V2 module along with custom fields sort of everywhere, to do some of the things that we can do with Items now.

Now we need to restructure a website, and therefore need to export NewsV2 news, inclusive customfield data. I have tried with the dynamicweb support, but unfurtunately they can´t help me. Now my hope is that some of you have faced and solved similar issue before?

Anybody who can help me get NewsV2 news - including custom field data - exported/out of the system in some usable format, that I can import back into Dydanimcweb to eg. Items?

/Hans

Replies

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Anyone have any experince or clu on this?

/

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Hans

I am affraid there is not easy way - you can dump the news tables and the values from AccessCustomFieldValue and import it in a local SQL-server and manipulate them in sql window to the new item structure. That would be my best bet, and should not take too long.

BR Nicolai

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Ok, thank you Nicolai

Will look into that 👍🏻

/Hans

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

I have looked closer into it, and I don´t think it is that simple Nicolai

It appears to be a rather complex datastructure. AccesCustomFieldValue seams to be empty

I have attached the files that i have exported in a CSV format, and it looks like all the data could be here, but I can not see what is a foreign key to what. Could be that the AccesCustimFieldValue data or some data that is missing is the key that ties it all together?

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated

/Hans

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Guys,

I might not remember it correctly, but they might be connected through Metadata

Adrian

Nicolai Pedersen

The custom fields is in the CustomField table.

You must be logged in to post in the forum