Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Email marketing scheduled task

Email marketing scheduled task

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a l old solution running 8.8.1.32 in a load balancing environment.

I need to set up a recurring email marketing campaign that should send the same page to the same recipient every week.

It is not a newsletter campaign but rather a page that will render a different type of information every week.

I have set up a test campaign with recurrence. It did not send automatically, I had to run the Scheduled task job manually from the settings page.

I am not sure if the campaign should be running automatically or not in this scenario or it will send the page just if I add a new user to the list.

Can somebody think of a better solution to send a recurring email to the same recipient?

Actually, what I need to do is send out a link to a page that will export a list with all registrations made using a form for editor form.

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,

Did you try to use other time of repeat, e.g. 5 min? If it doesn't work then there are some issues regarding Windows scheduler of server your solution is deployed on, probably. I've checked the scheduled mail with the time=5 min on test environment based last DW89 (8.9.9.21) and have good results. Besides, to sent an email to the same recipient more than once you should uncheck 'Ensure unique recipient' (see attachment). Please, refer to manual for details.  

BR, Oleg QA

2018-08-02_0852.png
Votes for this answer: 1

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Thank you Oleg. Unchecking the "Ensure unique recipient" checkbox did the trick.

Thank you,
Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum