Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Disable DW's Sitemap.xml

Disable DW's Sitemap.xml

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

Is there a way to disable the automatic sitemap.xml generated by Dynamicweb?

This is part of a long conversation with an SEO expert:

• Dynamicweb does not automatically generate the canonicals according to Customized URLs
    Sitemap is always returning the path without the group path - we were told we should return the canonical 

• I can't get sitemap.xml to honor the canonicals that are manually set up in Products
    The SEO expert customized the URLs, and we can honor them everywhere, except the sitemap

• A manual sitemap was developed which they want to tie to /sitemap.xml and I can't seem to do that
    Is that even possible?
    I know they can use Google's Search Console to point to another sitemap file/location, they have their minds set on this one and I thought I could easily do it.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Just shoot him - he is waste of time and money :-).

It is not possible to disable sitemap.xml - but it is handled by the 404 handler, so just dump a sitemap.xml file in the root of the site and then that will be served.

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

If I only could. I got hit by a wave of experts in 2 seperate projects and websites. Customers love those dream sellers. I do present them back with arguments and articles prooving A and B, but once people see SEO as a religion, I become a atheist and a naysayer. Oh well... :)

Thanks for the tip

Nuno

You must be logged in to post in the forum