Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Deployment tool not creating custom product fields

Deployment tool not creating custom product fields

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

We used the deployment tool to sync Ecom data between two sites. However, when the sync was done, we ran into lots of errors on the target when accessing the Ecom catalog. It turned out that the custom fields were not created as columns in the database. 

Is that the intended behavior? Or should it have created them during the sync? And if not, what is the recommended solution to stuff like custom fields?

Imar

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Imar,

Did you use the standard deployment configurations and deploy everything related to ecommerce?

Try this...

Check the deployment log on both source and destination for any errors.

Make sure that the SQL user has permission to make schema changes on the database (db_ddladmin or db_owner role). If you can create fields manually on the destination (and columns are added to the table) then it shoul be fine.

Deploy the product fields only and see if they appear on the destination.

/Morten

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Thanks Morten, we'll look into this and follow up...

Mario Santos Dynamicweb Employee
Mario Santos

Hi Morten,

Yes, we have deployed everything related to ecommerce from the standard deployment configurations.

I checked the deployment logs on both solutions and didn't found any error.
The SQL user has permission since we can create fields on the destination solution.
I've created a new product category field and have deployed the product category fields only, the new record was created on destination SQL table which confirms that the SQL user has permission.

I have created a new product field and have deployed the product fields only, the new field was showing on product custom fields list but the table column was not added to the EcomProducts table.

If it helps, we are using DW 9.3.15.

BR, Mario

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Mario,

I can't reproduce that, but maybe your installation is using an older version of the deployment configuration files?

Go to: Settings > Developer > Deployment > Deploy > Ecommerce > Product catalog > Product fields

You should see three checkboxes:

• EcomProducts (schema)
  • EcomProductField
  • EcomProductFieldTranslation

If you are missing anything then you need to update the deployment configuration files. It sounds like you are missing the "EcomProducts (schema)".

You can download the current deployment configuration files (Deployment.zip) from the Other Downloads section.

Delete any existing files in the folder /Files/System/Deployment/DataGroups

Unzip the downloaded zip archive and place the xml files in the folder /Files/System/Deployment/DataGroups

Try to deploy again.

/Morten

You must be logged in to post in the forum