Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Deleting item based page referenced in item relation list

Deleting item based page referenced in item relation list

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

I have a page (lets call it "Page A") which is an item based page. This page is referenced from an item relation list field (item source is set to "Page") on another item. When I delete "Page A" in the content tree, the reference to this page is not deleted from the item relation list field. The reference in the item relation list field is a reference to the item itself which was not deleted when the page was deleted! Is this a bug? I would expect the system to tell me if an item based page that I am about to delete has any references. And if it has references ask me to accept deletion of the item based page, all references in item relation lists and the item itself (in the table "ItemType_[itemname]").

Running DW v9.2.17

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Lars

It should at least delete the reference and probably also the data.

We might be able to built in a warning that the page based item is in use in a relation list.

BR Nicolai

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi Nicolai

The reference in the item relation list is not deleted when the referenced item based page is deleted! So that must be a bug, right? 

Would be nice with a warning smiley

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

Any bug number on this one?

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

TFS#37569, "When item based pages are deleted, also delete item relation list references."

It has been fixed and tested - will be released with 9.3 Tuesday.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Sounds good, thanks smiley

You must be logged in to post in the forum