Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Creating a new language in website settings fails

Creating a new language in website settings fails

Harald Brouwers

Hi,

We are running DW 9.5.0 and I want to add two extra language layers (en & de) to the website.

So I click on New language, set the name and regional settings:
(what is weird, is that in your documentation there are options to select what to copy (structure, paragraphs etc.), these are not shown.

After that, the overlay with "Copying ..." is shown for several minutes.

After this there are two options:
1. There is a new language with 0 pages
2. There is a new language but only a few of the 2745 pages are copied

How can I add a language layer with all the pages? (P.S. most of the pages are pageitems)

Greetings Harald

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Can you see what errors you're getting in the browser using the Dev tools? I had a similar issue in the past which had to do with Less compilation: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/cms-standard-features/cms-standard-features/cannot-copy-website-when-designs-folder-contains-problematic-less-files-even-when-no-rapido-is-used

Imar

Harald Brouwers

Hi Imar,

Thank you for your reply. I checked the console and network options in the Dev tools. But none of them are giving any errors.

Grt Harald

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the issue on solution has Rapido 3.0 template set and based on DW953 - site has 3330 page has been tested, new TFS 56410 has been created. Thanks.

About manual, site/language copy and creation new language are described by separate parts of the manual. It corresponds to current behaviour of the feature.

BR, Oleg QA

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Harald

The problem regarding #56410 "Coping/creating new language with website has many pages " has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.6+

To upgrade please choose this version from download:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum