Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Count queries dashboard widget display different count than PIM query

Count queries dashboard widget display different count than PIM query

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a solution running on DW 9.9.8.

One of the admins has created a couple of dashboard widgets where he used PIM queries.

Although the Queries seem to be correctly defined as well as the dashboard widgets, there are count differences between the number of results displayed in the Query interface and the count displayed in the dashboard widget.

Is this a known issue? is there a fix for it?

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi Adrian,

I am experiencing the same thing. Did you find out what the problem was?

Regards / Aki

Adrian Ursu

Hi Aki,

Unfortunately, no.

I have not followed up with the customer on this issue since I did not have any solution for it.

My only hope is towards the new versions. If you are still experiencing it in newer versions, then probably DW did not fix it.

I remember there was a similar post on the count, where the different count numbers was related to the products being assigned to multiple groups. But I may be wrong about it.

Adrian

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

OK, thanks for your input.

/Aki

Jonas Hansen

bump

I'm having a similar issue where a customer wants to create some PIM Query Counter widgets for their Workflow dashboard but the count displayed is different from the actual result count displayed when you have more than 1 language selected. I suspect this is because the query returns (X amount of products * amount of languages selected) which is then grouped in the PIM product result list but not in the Query Counter. 

This could be by design and I'm just missing something in the Query (correct me if I'm wrong), but aren't results always grouped in PIM? By grouped I mean different language versions of the same product is grouped to the same list entry in the results view (this seems to be the case, but correct me if I'm wrong please).

Fyi. I tried upgrading the solution to 9.14.2 to see if this had been changed in the most recent version of Dynamicweb - but it didn't make a difference. 

// Jonas 

Adrian Ursu

Hi Jonas,
Do you have variants in your solution?

In my case, it was related to having variants and I have included a rule in the query to exclude products with VariantID.

I cannot guarantee it's the same situation for you. If it's just the language, you can add a filter in the query for LanguageID but I am not sure if it will be read from the back-end context.

Adrian

Jonas Hansen

Hi Adrian,

It's a shop without variants, so unfortunately this wasn't the problem.

I tried your querying LanguageID suggestion, which indeed corrects the counter value - thanks a lot.

I thought this would remove the language versions from the product result overview, but they're still being displayed (I was under the impression that the language versions had to be present in the query result for them to be displayed in the result view).

For future reference I added a term expression (LanguageID == Default ecom language) to the query so it only returns products from one specific language. It will continue to display the selected language versions in the in the product view.

// Jonas

You must be logged in to post in the forum