Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Cancelling the "Are you sure you want to leave the site" causes screen to hang

Cancelling the "Are you sure you want to leave the site" causes screen to hang

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

When you make changes to a page in the content tree and then navigate away, the browser pops up a dialog saying "Changes you made may not be saved.". When you then click Cancel to stay on the page, the overlay with the spinner doesn't go away blocking the page. Bug?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Nope - that is a sure feature... Might even charge you a dollar to remove it :-).

Imar Spaanjaars

;-) Fair enough.....

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,

Good catch! The issue is reproduced on last DW962 in fact, new TFS 61238 has been created. Thanks for observing.

BR, Oleg QA

Votes for this answer: 1

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

Btw why is the heading in the pop up dialog "Leave site?". What site? The message appears if you are leaving a paragraph without saving! Why not change the message to "Leave?" or "Leave paragraph?"? smiley

Imar Spaanjaars

I think that's a question for the Chrome team ;-) 

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=i-JvXOqMFYr6kwX68KuwCA&q=chrome+%22leave+site%22+message&btnK=Google+Search&oq=chrome+%22leave+site%22+message&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0.1681.12688..13187...6.0..0.139.1342.31j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i10j0i22i30.BCR2yWFqOk0

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

laugh.... thought the heading was comming from Dynamicweb! Didn't know it was a browser specific message!

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Anyway a more appropriate message would be preferable smiley

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

I presume that would be possible if the message came from Dynamicweb and not a standard message from the browser?

Nicolai Pedersen

Yes, but the prevent feature is a browser feature that we utilize... Can't do too much about it.

You must be logged in to post in the forum