Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Azure AD Login - backend

Azure AD Login - backend

Jon Thorne
Jon Thorne

Hi,

I have followed the instructions on this link for Azure AD Login provider for the DW Backend:

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/users/external-authentication/microsoft-365-azure-ad

When I login with an account from the associated AD it creates the account and logs in. If I logout (or use a different browser) and try and login for a second time the admin login just redirects again to the login page and says "Incorrect username or password".

- The user exists and is active and has the external authentication information on the user record.

- Redirect URIs are set correctly

- ID Tokens is selected

Any ideas of what I can check next to make this feature work?

Regards, Jon.

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Jon

Does the user it creates, or the group in which the user is added, have the "allow backend login" set?

BR Nicolai

Jon Thorne
Jon Thorne

Hi Nicolai,

The user it creates is automatically added to a user group. Yes, that group has backend access. The first time the user is created it seems to login ok, but then everytime I try and login with that same user after that it just redirects to the login page again and says "Incorrect username or password". If I set a password on that user and login with 'standard' username and password it works ok.

Regards, Jon.

Jon Thorne
Jon Thorne

I found the issue for anyone else who has this problem.

With v9.13.11 is not possible to use encrypted passwords with external authentication.

Once the user is found in the external authentication table the username and password from the user is sent to the login function. If this is encrypted then the login fails.

In ExternalAuthentication.aspx.vb:

Dim loginHandler As New Security.SystemTools.Login(user.UserName, user.Password)

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Jon,

Good Find!

Have you also found a workaround?

Thank you,
Adrian

Jon Thorne
Jon Thorne

Hi Adrian,

Yes, but not very acceptable workaround. No choice for now, will have to disable encrypted passwords for "DYNAMICWEB ADMINISTRATION".

I have reported this to DW support, so hopefully will have an update soon for this issue.

Regards, Jon.

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Jon,

I have registered this as bug #9837. A fix will be provided as soon as possible (work in progress).
Sorry for the inconvenience.

/Morten

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Jon

The #9837 has been fixed in Dynamicweb version 9.14.2

You can get this from the download section https://doc.dynamicweb.dk/downloads/dynamicweb-9

Kind Regards
Care Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum