Data Integration for Editors
As an editor, you may occasionally need to export data from your Dynamicweb solution – e.g. Orders or User details – or import data into Dynamicweb, such as products from an Excel file or email permissions from Mail Chimp.
Dynamicweb contains a tool for importing and exporting data to and from a Dynamicweb solution – the Data Integration Module, which lets create integration activities accomplishing a particular task, for instance:
- Exporting email permissions to e.g. Excel
- Importing email permissions from Mail Chimp
- Exporting orders to Excel
Technically, the Data Integration module works by pairing two pieces of software – integration providers – with each other (Figure 1.1):
- The source provider must match the data source. If you’re importing data this will be a file of some sort, for instance an Excel file (.xls or .xlsx). If you’re exporting data it will be a part of the Dynamicweb database.
- The destination provider must match the location where you want the data to go. If you’re importing data to Dynamicweb this will be a part of the Dynamicweb database. If you’re exporting data this will be a file of some sort, for instance an Excel file (.xls or .xlsx).
You can learn more by reading the Data Integration Module article – or check out one of our hands-on guides to common scenarios: